Tuesday, August 15, 2006

 

It's Apparently Ralph's World

Who is this Ralph? And why is it his world?

The latest little short on Playhouse Disney in the mornings, Ralph's World is yet another attempt by Disney to fill up the space between shows with hip music.

I myself favor Dan Zanes, but people have been coming out of the woodwork for the past two months to wave their virtual panties at Genevieve and the Choo Choo Soul.

I think I need to see more of Ralph before I can decide whether he's purchase-worthy, but apparently the guy has quite a repertoire and will be performing live at Disney World next month as part of the new preschool show.

Comments:
Ralph Covert? After watching him with my preschooler a couple times, I swear this is Dana Carvey in disguise! I feel like I'm watching a Saturday Night Live sketch, just waiting for something to happen. If this is not Dana, it's his Doppelganger!
 
PS.
Man, all these guys want to become the American Wiggles, but nobody can pull it off! They're not willing to act as crazy, or believable as the Wiggles. I wonder how many times it takes performing in a hole-in-the-wall coffee house to nobody, or some local restaurant with some drunk yelling, "Play Margaritaville!" for the umpteen time before you decide "Forget this! I'm playing some kids music! Atleast they pay!!!"
Nickelodean has a worse group (I forget their name). They're younger, but half of them look like they COMPLETELY do not want to be there! It's hilarious. The singers trying to act funny for the kids, but the bass player looks seriously ticked. They other two guys just kind of look lost.
I think the big difference is that three of the Wiggles (all except Jeff) have a degree in education. They understand how to react and get kids attention. These others are just playing music.
dad@pagettpages.com
 
I like all of the people you named here. It is just nice to see different kinds of childrens music.

It is great exposure for my kids.
 
Hey...I don't know about the next Wiggles, they kind of set the bar, but the Imagination Movers are pretty cool. If you see them live you will be shocked at how they blend kids lyrics with very contemporary tunes. Very much like a Kiss concert for 4 year olds. They were at Disney World in September with a full band, horns, etc. I have to say, it was pretty darn impressive. They have a cool rock ballad video about sleeping on Playhouse Disney, but I forget the name of it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?